Thursday, February 10, 2011

And we are back on the saddle

I've been meaning to post this week. I thought EC was done. Or maybe we were taking a long break. Then, last week I put Levi on his potty and praised him just for SITTING STILL. I was like, "Yeah Levi! Good job!" and then we sat there for a minute and he peed.

He's done it a few more times. He always pees while watching the bath fill. (Ben and I laugh that it's probably the excitement and the sound of the water combined, he just can't help himself and he makes a little puddle in front of the tub. At least it's not IN the tub). So this week I got a brain and put him on his potty while it filled and he, amazingly, peed. We haven't had any poops yet, but sometimes he lets loose of gas when he's sitting on it, so I think that helps.

It's a continual learning and growing process. These past 14 months have gone by so quickly, I thought the potty training process would feel longer. But I think because of all the changes he's gone through: sitting up, scooting, crawling, walking, and a million other things, that potty training hasn't felt like a big deal.

So there's my story for this week. Just watch, next week will be NOTHING. :) But such are the ups and downs of parenting, am I right or am I right?

No comments:

Post a Comment