Thursday, October 21, 2010

We had a poop on the potty this morning! I have decided to try a sort of new approach where I take him to go whenever I go. Especially for pees I think it helps him to hear me going ... TMI, I know, I'm really sorry, but that's just the truth. We talk about going pee pee or poo poo in the potty and that's where it belongs, I praise him for having a dry diaper, one afternoon we used the same diaper and he kept it dry the entire time, we just took it off to pee pee and then put it back on when we were done.

I was encouraged by this video I found on Elimination Communication.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQk74whCabE


I pretty much love their accents, I am not an "attachment parenting" gung ho believer, but I thought it was interesting that she timed her baby's pees. I never really thought of that, so I've been trying to take him about every 45 minutes (when I can remember, and I don't stress over it) and just try to keep in communication with him.

By no means is this process perfect, but it's slowly teaching me about his needs in that area.

Levi will be 11 months on Saturday. Craziness.

Oh yes, and I want to recommend watching the movie "Babies" It's pretty awesome, especially if you are a mom. I'm hoping to comment on it more later. For now I gotta go.

Happy ECing!

2 comments:

  1. Can you give a link to the video?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! i just added a post with the link. I'm so horrible at this stuff :P

    ReplyDelete