Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Children are a blessing from the Lord. Been thinking about that a lot lately and how it's not always automatic that we will be blessed with children. It's not "as soon as we stop using birth control" though, it is for some people, like a dear friend of mine. But there are other dear friends who have been trying for a while. I'm careful when I talk to them because I know that they are longing for what I have been blessed with. The thought sometimes crosses my mind, "what if Levi is the only child God chooses to bless us with?" How weird is that, that my fears of not being able to conceive again would already start when he is only 10 months? It's possible. Sometimes I wonder if I'm pregnant, I've taken a test recently and I wasn't, just so everyone knows :) ... and we're still nursing, so that could be why... Also, there's the factor that Levi was a C section baby and what that could mean for future babies, those little fears... I hate them, and why do I think of them? The one thing that I know is that God is good. There is enough to worry about today, Levi is enough children for me to handle today, to love today, I will run my errands, teach my piano lesson, prepare dinner and that will be enough for today. I am not to worry about tomorrow and what it will bring, it is in the Lord's hands.

Okay, this is supposed to be an EC blog right? Well, Levi's been sick lately and he's sleeping long for his nap, this is good, it's why I'm posting. We have missed many of his recent poops, so when I put him on the potty this morning I thought, "why try?" It's really a battle to get him to sit still, we are singing and clapping hands, I get toys and he still wants to crawl off. This is against EC rules, but sometimes I hold him on it, just for a little bit, make the noise, sing a quick song and then let him off. He needs to understand that he has to sit still on it if only for a few moments. Well, in those moments this morning he peed. It was as though he was holding it and I gave him permission, or maybe reminded him to release it. He had been diaper-less on the changing table and he could have done it then, but no, he waited for me. So maybe that was the little bit of hope that I needed.

I'm thinking we need to invest in a bigger potty though. He seems to be getting to big for his "little potty" But I'm trying to hold out for a Baby's R Us mailer where they will give me a discount or something. I'm a rewards member and I'm hoping they'll send me something soon. :) Is there someplace cheaper I can get a potty? They are about 30 dollars at Baby's R US. I want a Baby Bjorn potty too, none of those Dora potties or Thomas ones, just a simple one that is easy to clean.

Anyways, those are my thoughts this morning. I hope y'all have a wonderful Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment