Sunday, August 22, 2010

... a poop story :)

Okay, so I'm sitting here and reading my Diaper Free Baby book (which I haven't picked up in months I might add) and I thought, I need to post. I need to post because I have a poop story from this morning. From this morning before I left for church, everything was going to be perfect... and then it wasn't.

Well, I was going to play on the worship team this morning so I would have to leave our house at about 7:15. Levi needed to nap from 8:30 to 10:30 or something like that. He had woken up to nurse at 3 (not cool) and then I got up at 6, determined that he would be up by 6:30 so he would go down for a nap. So, I woke him up, nursed him and then decided to try and potty him. I made up a song to sing about tee teeing on the potty and good morning and all that, I try to take him to his potty in the morning just so see if he will get a poopy out or something. About half the time he goes. Well, this morning he went! I was so excited! Now Ben wouldn't have to change a poopy diaper and everything would be perfect! (I wanted this morning's "guy time" without mom to be enjoyable for both of them) I thought to myself "hm, I wonder if Levi's really done pooping, it didn't take that long and he didn't go yesterday, so what if he's not finished." Of course I didn't follow my thought, I just looked at how much he went and assumed he was done. So I gave him is hard-earned diaper free time while I washed out his potty, then after cleaning it and wiping it dry I pranced into our room to announce to Ben that Levi went poo poo on the potty. When I came out into the living room ... let's just say it was mortifying. Levi had finished his poop and was now playing in it. Oh my goodness! So I grabbed him, stuck him in the bathtub and Ben went for the carpet cleaner. Poor Ben! He rolled out of bed and the FIRST thing he had to do was clean up poop out of the carpet. Let's just say I have a wonderful husband.

So that's my poop EC story. Needless to say, Levi has pooped two more times today (apparently he had a lot in there) I'm hoping he doesn't have what his cousin had and start pooping five times a day... not cool. We'll see.

Have a great day with your potties!

No comments:

Post a Comment