Saturday, August 28, 2010

Levi is hardcore teething right now. We couldn't figure out why he was so fussy, we tried just putting him in his room for a little bit, he'd had a good nap, he wasn't hungry... Then we were in the living room and he started chewing on the fireplace. Yes, like the brick fireplace, we could hear his little teeth scratching on it as he chewed. So we were like, oooooh, so that's it. He's teething. Now it's Baby Tylenol, some juice, part of a muffin (which I would have never let him eat earlier, but now it's comfort food for him... I'm totally starting that mess early:)) and we'll see what else we can do to make him more comfortable.

He's been pooping more often and hasn't had one in his potty in a few days. This means I get to clean up his cloth diapers... which means I've been spending a lot of time with the commode. It makes me think of when I have just thrown up and I'm looking at all this nasty debree in the toilet. Anyone who does cloth diapers ever feel that way? How do you keep from wanting to puke? I don't know.

The area around his high chair is a constant minefield of cheerios, green beans, whatever he can accidentally push onto the floor... I think it's an accident.

We are working on having him sleep through the night. This means that we let him cry it out when he decides to wake up at 2 or 3 in the morning. It's difficult right now because it would be easier to just nurse him for 15 mins instead of listening to him cry for 30 or 45 mins. Well, we don't necessarily listen to him cry, we just look at the monitor and see if the lights are flashing or not. I think he'll adjust though in just a few nights, that's my prediction because that's about how long it took last time we had to go through this. We'll see.

I'm learning to discipline him for his own good. It's strange because it feels not quite right, to let him cry or to spank him when he's grabbing an electrical cord. It doesn't FEEL right to have to do these things. But I don't think that discipline will always be a feel good thing, in fact, I'm pretty sure it will never feel good to discipline him. But I'm praying that God will give me a heart to do what is best for my children, whatever that may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment