Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Levi is pulling up on things, crawling places and discovering. All this means that he is constantly hurting himself. I am either getting him out of trouble, trying to prevent an accident, or comforting him from his most recent fall or injury. Yesterday he discovered my bottom drawer in the kitchen and then slammed his little fingers in it twice. Yes, twice, babies take a little longer to learn certain things... now I just don't let him touch it. He's fallen face first off of our one step, falls as he's lowering himself down from the couch or coffee table, cries when he gets stuck under a chair or table and then cries when he loses sight of me. This makes for nice, restful times during his naps. ... I look forward to them in that I can get things done without having this little guy get into things and just that general stress of feeling like I need to keep an eye on him.

I realized today as I was praying with Ben that I get tired and frustrated pretty easily. It's easy to get overwhelmed with all of this and wish it away. But why in the world would I want to do that? I have this new tiny life in my care and he is amazing to watch and enjoy and delight in. I can look at this motherhood thing in one of two ways. My situation will not change regardless of my attitude. I can see him as a burden and a curse, stealing from my time, or I can see him as a delight and a joy, a blessing and be thankful for this time. Again, my situation will not change.

Cheerios are everywhere in my house right now, I even just saw some in the bathroom. They are like little landmines that when you step on them they explode into cheerio dust that must be swept or vacuumed up. How did they get to these random places? My theory is that Levi spills them down into the seat of his high chair, they get stuck to his diaper and then when I pick him up and take him somewhere they fall off randomly.

oh yeah, and Levi pooped on the potty this morning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment