Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I'm sick of diapers!

Okay, so I am getting very fed up with my cloth diapers. I am so ready for just training pants or something, but we are not to that level yet. I will take pride in the fact that I have lasted this long. I heard of one mom only doing them for about a month and then quitting... So the bright side is that I've saved on about 4-5 months of diapers, some weeks more than others :)

The problems I am having though: FuzziBunz. They are soft and they wick away moisture and they are all in one with snaps and everything. The downside is that they don't hold much. And by much I mean more than an hour it seems. He overflows them all the time and I don't even leave him in them for that long. The other MAJOR downside is that they start to stink really badly. For some reason I can't get rid of the smell. I wash them with minimal detergent, I wash them in a soak cycle, I squeeze them outbefore I put them in the dryer... I am just really tired of them. Is there a good cloth diaper out there that won't stink and provides good leak protection?

My other ones are prefolds from Diaperaps. I like how the prefolds remain clean and the simplicity of just putting the diaper in the cover. I also feel it is important for Levi to feel the moisture after he pees, especially in the daytime. The prefolds are also great to put under him during his diaper free time. The only problem with them is the Velcro keeps rubbing up against his skin and making it red and irritated where it is attached. This is no fun for me or him.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jody,

    Here's a cloth diaper review from a blog that I frequent.

    http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/2009/09/one-size-pocket-diapers-reviews.html

    Linds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's another link that might have some options for you:

    http://nickisdiapers.com/catalog.php?category=3

    I have encountered the same problem with the Diaperaps (the velcro rubbing on Caroline's legs). A onesie might help as a barrier between the velcro and Levi's skin. But if you are wanting to go the more "naked baby" route, then that's not a great idea. Check out some diaper covers with snaps, instead of velcro.

    Love,
    Linds

    ReplyDelete