Thursday, April 8, 2010

Well, I think I might have solved the problem of him waking up in the middle of the night. Levi likes it so hot that he is a sweaty mess when he wakes up. Seriously, I leave the space heater on all night and it becomes probably about 80 degrees in his room and he sleeps through the night. Any other time even when I put him in nice warm jammies he wakes up in the night and his little hands are cold. We have been leaving air and heat off and it winds up being somewhere between 68-70 degrees in our house at night. So I think it's a temperature thing. This is probably why he didn't sleep through the night at the other places we went... because Ben and I cannot sleep in 80 degree weather. Well, maybe we could, but it would not be pretty.

I am so glad for the spring weather! This has given us much more opportunity for diaper free time! He is peeing less now... maybe because he is sweating it all out! Ha! I have missed most of his poops these past few days, but that's okay, we have gotten a lot of pees. Some in the sink, some in the big toilet, some in his potty. I like to switch it up. The thing is, I'm not keeping track as much as I used to. EC is now just something that we do and it's not that big of a deal. If we need to go out, I put a diaper on him, if we are hanging out at home I can put him on the floor without a diaper while I read or cook or get on the internet. Our kitchen is probably the best place for that since we have wood floors and cleanup is a lot easier.

I have noticed that Levi's poops seem a lot runnier recently. Still the same color, just a lot more liquidy. Does that make sense? He doesn't seem to be sick or anything, so I don't know.

Another thing I have noticed and I don't know if this is good or bad, when I cue him he starts to grunt sometimes. Sometimes he pays no attention, then I know to take him off the potty if he doesn't pee within about a minute or two. The thing is, I don't want him to feel the pressure to push something out every time I put him on the potty. I am just giving him an opportunity to go. I have also noticed that I don't always have to cue him either. It's like he is becoming aware that this is what the potty is for... so that is good.

He usually has a good burp on the potty as well, which I feel like is a sign that he is relaxing and not holding anything in. So I think EC has mainly been a positive experience so far. Whenever it starts to feel difficult I just take a step back and breathe.

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, PATIENCE, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control. I can only have this patience and love and gentleness through the Holy Spirit. He is my help and my salvation.

2 comments:

  1. We're coming to Little Rock the weekend of May 7th - can we see you and meet sweet Levi?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you said..."EC is now just something that we do and it's not that big of a deal". A sure sign of progrss, Jody! Mostly for you, since it shows that you are just going with the flow of the whole thing. Way to go. I love reading your posts. I imagine you there in your house with Levi. It makes me happy :-) Love you.

    ReplyDelete