Saturday, June 26, 2010

I keep meaning to blog and thinking about it and then I get distracted or my computer refuses to work, or Levi cries or... So I'm gonna just do it.

I have to be honest once again, Levi has not been pooping on the potty the way I would like him to, but then again, he hasn't been pooping with any regularity at all what so ever. My sister in law said she started giving her daughter 4 oz of watered down apple juice ever afternoon and she has been pooping with rockstar regularity. :) I made up the rockstar part, she didn't actually say that, but she hasn't had any problems with constipation. So I have been giving Levi some diluted apple juice (half water) when I remember to. The only problem is that I get busy or forget, or get impatient, or he has just nursed so he has no interest in it. But the other day we were going to a baseball game and we needed to leave as soon as he woke up from his nap, so I threw some apple juice and water in a bottle (probably more like 6 or 7 oz... whoops) and sat in the back and gave it to him. He drank it all up in the 20 mins it took. As soon as we pulled into the parking lot I had this feeling that he was just going to unload in his diaper, and of course, he gets this looks and just goes! Luckily I was able to make his little noise. Then I had to change him on the backseat of the Camry, which is slightly tilted so he kept sliding to the side and his head was rubbing funny on the carseat... Anyways, that was the last time he pooped. It's always runny poop too, so I don't think it's constipation. I don't know what it is. It's for sure stinkier and bigger than it was when he was exclusively breast fed.

The other bad thing about this pooping less often thing is that I have a tendency to change him less. When I know he's not sitting in a poopy diaper I tend to think, "oh well, his diaper is almost always wet anyways, he'll be fine." And then I end up forgetting and then he ends up with eczema. Not cool.

Oh yeah, here's something I have decided, for all you new moms out there... Pampers makes the best wipes. Don't get Huggies, don't get the cheapo store brand, they are for sure not worth it. You will use fewer Pampers, even though they are like 4 cents a wipe as opposed to 3.5 cents for a Huggies, they are just better. So, there you go, sometimes I have to learn the hard way just to pay more for something that you will actually use as opposed to something that is cheapo and you don't want to use.

I'm wanting to start making my own laundry detergent. And I want to get back into making my own wipes... only I want to do it right this time.

I hope you all have a wonderful time with your kids in these coming summer days. Stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment