Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Update

Well, I'm sitting on the floor with my precious Levi and I just thought I would update to let everyone know how things are going with us. I keep thinking of things throughout the day to write about, but it seems like I can never quite get to my computer or navigate to this page. ... That's my problem, it's nothing wrong with my computer or internet just so y'all know.

I've been keeping up with EC'ing and other mommy things with a few of my dear friends through facebook messaging and it has been so wonderful. I just want to encourage any of y'all who are not connected with other mommies, get connected. Do it. If you have to join a mops group or go to a La Lech League meeting or join a cheesy mom group at church, it will benefit so much. I often feel chained to my house with as much as Levi naps and how I don't want him to get overtired and not get a good nap, so this makes my phone AMAZING. This makes the internet amazing as well, as long as I use it for the right reasons, to stay connected with others and encourage others. I find myself often using the internet to just piddle around and get depressed about my life. I want to be intentional about this tool, and not just use it half-thinking, half not. I don't know if that makes sense.

Okay, so I'm sure y'all on are on the edge of your seats with my latest poop story. First, the follow-up from the doctor: Levi is allergic to NOTHING. According to the blood tests he's not even allergic to cats and dogs, not milk, not peanuts, not chocolate, ... I'm thinking it might be his Pampers since he had it really badly when we took him to church and again when we took him to the doctor. So, no more Pampers. The Luv's haven't had a negative effect on him and he wore them all weekend, so I think that's what we will go with from now on.

I gave Levi pureed peas yesterday. This morning I found it in his diaper looking just like it did when it came in. ... There you go. I'm not sure how this solid poop thing is going to work with EC'ing. I hope I can have some sort of premonition of when he's about to go.

One good thing that happened this week: on Monday we were returning home from St Louis and it was about 7 hours in the car. Levi was so good during the whole thing and only had a few crying spells. He hardly pooped all day and I offered him a toilet once at Wendy's. As soon as we got him home I took his diaper off and put him on the potty. He pooped so much! It was amazing. I'm guessing he didn't want to sit in it :)

Okay, so there's my update!

No comments:

Post a Comment