Thursday, March 11, 2010

I woke Levi up again this morning. He had a couple of toots, but I still decided to nurse him or else he would scream while on the potty. Potty-ing before food does not work for Levi, he will have none of it. But he held it until we were finished. I put him on his potty, made the noise and he started pushing.

Can I just say that I'm amazed by him? He's so little and young and already has this natural instinct? God is amazing. He created us fearfully and wonderfully. Levi and his little personality already starting to show, the growth that has taken place in his life thus far, his little smiles, his movements... God is amazing and I am in awe.

I was just thinking about this yesterday, I want to literally tell everyone about this potty training thing. It's like the best kept secret. I heard a statistic that the average family spends 2500 dollars in diapers in a child's life. Much more I'm sure as the child gets older and continues not to be potty trained. Now, cloth diapers help, but you still have to wash and dry them, so that's money in water and electricity... I think about this EC thing and it's the best idea! It's much cleaner than having to clean poop off your child's bottom. When Levi poops on the potty, I hardly have to wipe him at all, when he poops in his diaper it is all over his bottom. It's economical and it's logical. If you're a stay at home mom, you have to deal with poop all day long, why not just get it directly in a potty where you won't have to touch it? You can just dump it out and rinse out the potty.

Even working moms I think could do it. They can just put their child on the toilet in the morning and in the evening, make the noise and if they go they go. At least they become used to sitting on the toilet. They will get it sooner or later. I think it's more psychologically damaging to train them to be completely unaware of their bowel movements and need to pee until they are two or even three... I am sorry if I have offended anyone, but I just had to go on another rant today. Just thinking about it gets me kind of excited and all. :) I'm totally weird... I KNOW! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment